An introduction to India’s first air sanitizer
What is Forest?
An air sanitizer is a sanitizer that works to combat harmful microorganisms present in the air around us. Unlike air purifiers that filter or capture particles in an air circulator, air sanitizers can act on microorganisms in the air in open indoor air spaces. At OxyGarden, we channelized the power of nature through science, bringing humanity closer to its true essence. We have designed smart green vertical walls to enrich the indoors with fresh oxygen for a healthy and relaxed living environment. Forest is India’s first self-sustainable air sanitizer that creates a healthy and fresh indoor environment. It purifies, humidifies and oxidises air naturally.
Forest purifies and humidifies the air just like the HEPA air purifiers but without any consumption of electricity. With the help of 50 imbibed natural plants, it pumps in fresh oxygen in your indoor space, helping you breathe fresh and easy. Humidification and dehumidification are done through natural plants and artificial humidification system.
How Does Forest Work?
Testing times like these call for a solution that would enhance the quality of life for you and your loved ones. It has but become a necessity to install an automated Sanitization System for Healthy and Fresh Indoor Environment. Such a system should ideally include 3 processes-
- Air Purification – It should not only purify the Indoor Air and Decease the AQI to an ideal range (0-100) but eliminate all the harmful viruses and bacteria
- Humidification Control – It should enable the Humidification and dehumidification process inside the indoor space to maintain the ideal humidity
- Indoor Oxygen Production – The product should have the capacity of producing natural oxygen to keep the indoor environment oxygen-enriched
Contemporary and unique in our approach to creating a vertical plant wall for indoor and outdoor, we have designed our system with state-of-the-art cutting edge technology. Forest combines these process and uses a unique 5-step purification system-
- Carbon Filter – Carbon when treated with oxygen opens up millions of tiny pores between the carbon atoms which act as bonding sites for organic chemicals. Thus, when certain chemicals pass next to this surface, they attach themselves to these pores and get trapped. They are the most efficient in combating VOCs released from common household products.
- HEPA Filter – High Efficiency Particulate Air filter works through a fine mesh which traps harmful particles such as pollen, pet dander, dust mites and tobacco smoke. These are known to cause throat irritation, allergies and respiratory issues.
- Plant Leaves – The most commonly known role of plant leaves in air purification is conversion of carbon dioxide into oxygen. However, the leaves and the roots can also absorb pollutants on their external surfaces and produce fresh and purified air.
- Microbes in the roots of the plants – Air purification is usually considered as a function of the leaves of plants however, numerous studies have proved that the microbes such as bacteria and fungi are capable of biodegrading or bio transforming pollutants into non-toxic or less toxic substances.
- Aerated growing media with activated charcoal – Since the field soils are generally inefficient for plant growth in containers, the plants in FOREST grow in a soil-less medium. This medium is treated with activated charcoal to ensure that any pollutants, allergens, mould or fungus do not go untreated.
Why choose Forest?
The OxyGarden Forest system is based on a patent-pending technology which helps in maintaining the recommended ideal relative humidity levels for building an environment with the help of controlled transpiration in plants, innovative aerated growing medium and controlled photosynthesis with the help of automated airflow and growing lights.
Forest is a beautiful looking automated-solution for Pollutant and Pathogen-Free, Oxygen-Rich Indoor Air. Having it in your space would help in increasing the longevity of your life. It purifies indoor air by removing harmful pollutants like CO2, CO, VOC and NO2, and reduces PM2.5 and PM10 particles.
Using Forest has a lot of benefits, some of which are mentioned below
- Produces 700 litres of Oxygen in a day
- Removes pollutants like CO2, CO, VOC, NO2
- Reduces PM 2.5 and PM 10 particles
- Maintain an optimal humidity level of 40-60%
- Activated Charcoal present in growth media removes bad odour from the indoor environment
- Provides for a cool, relaxed and aesthetically appealing environment mood elevator
- Removes harmful chemical, bacteria and other disease-causing pathogens
If a vertical plant wall for room sounds like something you think might fit well in your home or office, contact OxyGarden today. Discuss your indoor plant requirements, and we will help determine what will work best for your space.